The College Library promotes a welcoming environment that is conducive for study, research and learning. It has got a good collection of textbooks, reference books, journals and general reading materials apart from important e-resources. The Library is subscribing NLIST of UGC INFLIBNET, which provides 6000+ e-journals and 31 lakhs ebooks, and this is made available to users.The library rules are framed for effective utilization of the Library by the staff and students and these shall be reviewed periodically in tune with the changing needs. Students are advisedto visit the library regularly and utilize the resources available.
LIBRARY STAFF (NON- VACATION)
- Ms. Seena R. Nair M.A. (Eng), M. L.I. Sc., NET Librarian(UGC) firstname.lastname@example.org 2301180, 9447525153
- Mr. Mathai T.M. Library Assistant email@example.com 9048621350
RULES & REGULATIONS OF THE LIBRARY
- Time: 8.30 am to 3.30 pm on all working days.
- Only writing materials can be taken inside the reading room and library.
- Each student will be issued 3Readers’ ticketsto PG students & 2 Readers’ tickets to UG students against which books can be borrowed from the library.
- Books must be returned within 14 days of the date of issue, failing which a fine of Rs. 1 per day will be charged per book.Mutilation of books & magazines is a serious offence and the borrowers will have to replace the damaged book at their cost.
- The loss of books should be immediately reported to the librarian and the borrower must either replace the book or compensate for it as decided by the librarian.
- All books issued from the library shall be returned without fail on / before the last working day of the academic year.Sub-lending of book is strictly forbidden.
- Books must be carefully examined at the time of issue and borrowers shall point out to the Librarian any damage or mutilation on the books they are taking.
- The Principal and the Librarian have the right to recall any book at 24 hrs. notice.
- SILENCE shall be strictly observed in all sections of the library.
- Internet and photocopying services are available.
- All library arrears should be cleared by the students before they receive their hall tickets for university examinations or before obtaining the T.C if they leave before the completion of the course.
A Library council has been constituted to keep the college community abreast of the both print and e-resources and to facilitate its accessibility. It conducts seminars, webinars on online resources for higher education and research.It also brainstorms on the various programmes to be conducted and gets a general update on the various books, journals to be purchased to support and supplement classroom instruction.
- Ms. Seena R. Nair (Convener)
- Ms. Thara Thomas
- Dr. Sheeja Kuriyakose
||Back issue of Journals
||Maps & Charts
||DVDs & CD